The nutritional guidelines we will follow are from the Paleo lifestyle.
Paleo is a lifestyle that emphasizes the parts of Paleolithic life which are healthier for us than typical modern life. The first main example is eating whole foods such as meats, vegetables, fruits, nuts, eggs and healthy fats instead of factory-processed foods and newer agricultural products, especially grains.
The second is making time for regular exercise and proper sleep. Doing these will make us feel better and give us fitter, more attractive bodies.
Yep! But, only if you are consistent. The above paleo basics make up 90% of a successful paleo lifestyle, but they must be followed for you to see results.
How do I go paleo?
- Eat a variety of meats, vegetables, fruits, nuts, eggs and healthy fats
- Don’t eat added sugars.This includes “organic” sugar and artificial sweeteners. Never drink soft drinks.
- Don’t eat grains or legumes. This includes soy, rice, corn, wheat, and any grain product like pasta, breads, or cereals, as well as legumes (beans) and white potatoes
- Don't eat processed vegetable oils. This includes canola, corn, soybean, peanut, and cottonseed oils, to name a few.
- Don’t eat any factory-processed foods. If it comes in a box, most likely you shouldn't eat it
- Eat dairy only if it is from grass-fed animals and small amounts only if you tolerate it.
- Exercise regularly and intensely, and rest. Give yourself rest days throughout the week and extended rest every couple months.
- Get a full night’s sleep in a dark room every nigh.
- Drink lots of water. For every 22kg of weight drink 1 liter of water per day.
- Don’t drink any alcohol, and avoid caffeine late in the day
This is a brief overview and our daily eating regime will be listed with convenient recipes.